Meet the Auditors: the Chicago Field Office Discusses Audits and Focused Assessments Speakers:
Kevin Bridgford, Paul Vinkler and Orest Panchuk: Office of International Trade Regulatory Audit, U.S. Customs & Border Protection
Brian F. Walsh, Barnes, Richardson & Colburn, LLP
Attention Importers, Customs Brokers, Financial Mangers, In-House Lawyers and other interested persons.
CBP has an active post-entry audit program and employs several types of audit programs to measure and ensure compliance. In this program, the top Customs officials in Chicago responsible for the conduct of audits of local importers and brokers will provide an explanation of the various audit programs and will be open to questions from the import community.
- How are importers selected for audit?
- What are the various types of audits?
- What subjects are addressed by audits?
- What is the response time available to importers?
- What is the significance of receiving a call from Reg. Audit?
- Is audit information shared with other agencies?
- How should an importer prepare for an audit?
- Can an issue uncovered in an audit be used as the basis for a penalty proceeding?
The International Trade Club of Chicago (ITCC) is a not-for-profit organization and all proceeds are used solely to cover the costs of ITCC activities. The ITCC appreciates the efforts of the volunteer speakers.
- Can importers file prior disclosures during an audit?
For those attending in person: The DePaul O’Hare campus facility is located at the intersection of East River Road and West Bryn Mawr Avenue
*NEW - This seminar is also available via LIVE WEBINAR. A link to a separate sign up site will be sent to you upon registration.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
ATTENTION CERTIFIED CUSTOMS SPECIALISTS:
This program is approved by the NCBFAA for 3 CCS continuing education points.
Please indicate if a certificate of attendance is desired when you register, along with your NEI ID# at the time of registration.
PAYMENT ONLINE (Paypal accepted) OR RESPOND VIA E-MAIL TO
email@example.com OR FAX THIS FORM TO (312) 565-1782 OR RETURN THIS FORM WITH CHECK, PAYABLE TO INTERNATIONAL TRADE CLUB OF CHICAGO c/o
303 E. Wacker Drive #1020,